Summer Day of Giving - TODAY
Double Your Impact with the dollar for dollar match!
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
Inspire. Educate. Equip.
You can inspire, educate, and equip people in getting outdoors when you support Venture Outdoors with an end of Summer donation.
Double Your Impact on Sept 4
Make a donation on September 4, 2021 and our board will match up to $10,000 of funds raised. That means your $25 donation will turn into $50. Your $100 will become $200! $500 Becomes $1,000!! You get the idea.
Getting outdoors has never been so important. We're not just alleviating cabin fever, we're addressing stress reduction, connectivity, and wellness. Will you help get people outdoors?
As an outdoor enthusiast you know better than anyone how getting outdoors can improve your life. Studies have shown how interacting with nature lowers the risk of anxiety and depression in adults. Youth who interact with nature are at a lower risk of ADHD, and psychiatric illnesses through their lives.
With your support we can connect people to the benefits of nature.
Just this year we've....
- Created almost 5,000 youth experiences Hosted over 350 youth and family trips
- Created over 320 mature adult experiences
- Created over 11,800 experiences at Kayak Pittsburgh
- Helped launch the Outdoor Inclusion Coalition engaging over 93 individuals representing 60 organizations
- Created the 2,021 Miles in 2021 Challenge to keep folx moving all year long
- Created the United Healthcare Walking For Wellness Challenge
In 2020 during the global pandemic we...
- Created 3,725 safe youth outdoor experiences
- Created 305 mature adult experiences, many of which were delivered virtually for isolated seniors
- Hosted 349 youth and family trips
- Collaborated with 14 different schools and out-of-school time sites for the Outdoor Learning Lab program
- Delivered 280 activity kits to youth across the city – including learning packet, compass, magnifying glasses, binoculars, and other outdoor learning materials
- Assisted 4 middle school students present at the annual PA Association of Environmental Educators conference
So far we’ve helped create close to 800,000 outdoor experiences and are looking forward to doubling that impact in the next 20 years!